Saturday, February 12, 2011

I am a Responsible Netizen


          Everyone aspires to be a good netizen, but it’s not an easy goal to achieve. To be beatified by the gods of the net, you will need to surf graciously and illuminate every spot on the web where you are present.

          As a teenager, I can be a good netizen by many ways. I will be  omnipresent.Having a blog with Facebook, Twitter, Friendfeed and Flickr accounts along with some forums and 2-3 email accounts is about the norm these days. To keep my friends and contact happy I will keep everything fresh and updated, and that requires a lot of time and effort. To simplify the task I will have to aggregate my accounts and then consolidate my email accounts into one by using mail forwarding.
          I will not trust others to protect my privacy.
Whether its Google, Facebook or any other company, I will not be vigilant so that I will be responsible in making sure my privacy is protected byreading about any changes, checking the news, or just making sure I hadthe correct settings to suit my needs.
          I will be careful of what they will say.
All too often, people forget that their spouse are on their Facebook account when they change their relationship status to single. Thou shall be careful with his mouth on the net and count to 10 before submitting.
          I will vent on the net anonymously.
If Ifeel the need to vent on the internet, Ishall do so anonymously. That way, I willnot have to worry about who knows about it and what Iend up saying. It is therapeutic to have a secret blog or forum to vent in.
          I shall connect and reconnect
The internet is there to allow people to reach out to others, extend a hand, an ear or a buck. Whatever it is you want to do, it helps to establish new relationship with other netizens.
I shall not feed the troll or be one.   
The vilest creatures of the web shall not be fed or entertained. Trolls tend to lurk on the internet to cause mayhem and corrupt the righteous. They are the ones posting “first” on blogs, throwing ad hominema attacks and just acting stupid. They are committed to the dark side and will not dissuade from their evil. Therefore, no matter how tempted you might be to try and correct them and save them, you SHALL not. They will only grow more vicious.
I will not trust everything I read on the net.
Like anything else on the net, I will need to consult other sources and scour the testaments of the Google to make sure and verify the authority of a piece of information.




Be a responsible Netizen.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?ba
          I will disconnect.
Every once in a while I will need to disconnect myselffrom the net and go into the wild. Rediscover reality and bring back all those raw thoughts back with you to the net. That will refresh meand allow meto wind down.
          As a internet user I will be responsible in using it, because internet is the one who can help us answer our questions, and it is also used in communication.
          We must be a good netizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment